cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joejackson88
Paper Tape
Views: 677
Message 1 of 3

IdeaPad 100-15IBD Intel HD graphics 5500 problem?

So I had this problem that would make my games look very crap and heavy lagging in some medium-size titles, then some people told me it`s the graphics card fault and so i checked it. turns out it`s ~1 year outdated, tried to install an update from the Intel page, that also said it was very outdated. The Notebook doesn`t let me update it because, i quote, "your manufacturer personalizez the drivers and this specific driver is now allowed. you can install a generic driver but you risk devoiding your warranty and lose some critical system functions". Further, i went to the Lenovo Support page, made a complete scan and guess what? Nothing wrong. So i tried to manually download a driver update and only found Nvidia VGA Driver and Intel VGA Driver, but none of them were accepted, for the same reason as above.

What do I do now? Do I install that 'generic driver' or contact a professional?

Kacperas
Bit Torrent
Views: 654
Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaPad 100-15IBD Intel HD graphics 5500 problem?

Currently you're using driver tested by Lenovo (OEM), which was verifed to be working fine with your laptop. Intel driver installer verifies, what driver are you using currently and if it OEM driver is detected, it forbids installation of driver from Intel website (generic). There's several way how to install generic driver. Personaly I use Display Driver Uninstaller application to remove OEM driver and then install generic one. However, usually there's no point to update driver, if current one doesn't make any conflict with other application or you haven't noticed any artifacts or stability issues.

I've checked your laptop's platform specification. Your laptop have only integrated Intel HD graphics card (GPU), which wasn't meant for mainstream gaming (it should be still suitable for light gaming). Intel GPU doesn't have it's own memory, so it relies on RAM. Your laptop have only sinlge DIMM socket for memory module, which limits overal performance in games. In some laptops, there are two or more DIMM sockets. Using two RAM modules enables dual channel mode, which according to tests could increase performance around 10-40% depending on game.

However in your case, there's not much what can be done in terms of increasing performance in games...

------
joejackson88
Paper Tape
Views: 644
Message 3 of 3

Re: IdeaPad 100-15IBD Intel HD graphics 5500 problem?

I now get it. Thank you very much for the reply!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors