Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreed
Paper Tape
Views: 38,166
Message 1 of 18

IdeaPad 100S 11IBY touchpad scrolling?

I just got an IdeaPad 100S 11IBY and the touchpad won't let me scroll down in web pages or documents. If I drag two fingers down or up to scroll like I can on other laptops, nothing happens. Is there a way to turn scrolling on or does the laptop not support it?

maxteks
What's DOS?
Views: 37,906
Message 2 of 18

Re: IdeaPad 100S 11IBY touchpad scrolling?

there is no setting to enable. as of right now, there is no way to get 2 finger scroll. I've been checking frequently to see if there are updated drivers for the trackpad but it's not even certain that this touchpad supports multitouch anyway.

It's very disappointing that a new laptop does not have this basic feature, too difficult to use unless you have a mouse. Unfortunately I cannot  return mine so I'm stuck fiddling with scroll bars and arrow keys.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 37,758
Message 3 of 18

hello dreed and maxteks, welcome to the community,

I do apologize for not having seen this discussion earlier. maxteks is correct, I can confirm to you that the 100s11IBY touchpad does not support 2 fingure or other gestures and that I have requested that this point be added to the product description.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

atanasmk16
Paper Tape
Views: 37,731
Message 4 of 18

I don't know if the 15-iby has the same touchpad, but I can't set scrolling on windows 10 too... And when I tried ubuntu and linux mint, I got two finger scrolling by default there.

garden54
Paper Tape
Views: 37,151
Message 5 of 18

IdeaPad 100S 11IBY touchpad scrolling?

I am having this issue as well.  So why did Tech Support -- 2 reps who are barely understandable --both tell me that the scrolling is line all other laptops and requires 2 fingers?

What is the answer?????  I will not call Tech Support.  I'd rather return the laptop...

ica
Paper Tape
Views: 35,616
Message 6 of 18

the ideapad 100S , is it okay to use while charging?
PrtSc
Paper Tape
Views: 32,587
Message 7 of 18

Hi Andy, can you confirm that the 11IBY has a different touchpad to the 14 and 15's? Because...

I've read in other lenovo support forums where people have had gestures working in unbuntu, and other members have had it working in win10 with synaptic drivers.

Do we need a tear down to confirm or deny what hardware is being used and if there are full truths being told or only half truths.  I understand that the 100S is a cheap machine, but the lack of gestures and scrolling is killing the usability, it just seems like a driver issue.

I don't really want to install unbuntu just to confirm that mulititouch will work. 

Thanks

Other Forum Link - Solution

arrjayyC
What's DOS?
Views: 30,927
Message 8 of 18

you know you dont have to install linux to test it right?

this tool: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

as well as an iso image of mint or ubuntu and you can create a live boot usb drive.

Highlighted
naro
Paper Tape
Views: 29,366
Message 9 of 18

As I see there is still no solution for the problem, anyone figured it out? I would appreciate any help concernig 100S 11IBY in enabling simple one finger touchpad scrolling !??

faderfa64
Paper Tape
Views: 22,500
Message 10 of 18

I'm really disapointing with the touchpad, if I know it doesn't admited scrolling I didn't buy the PC

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors