Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kodog7
Paper Tape
Views: 227
Message 1 of 3

IdeaPad 100s: Help! My laptop screen is broken

I own an ideapad 100s. My laptop has broken before, but this time, I couldn’t fix it. I use the F9 key which makes the screen dark but not shut the computer down. You can slightly see the screen still, but it saves a lot of battery. This feature is really useful when I need to do something else while still keeping the laptop on. However, now this function is on forever! When I tried to boot up my laptop, I noticed there was just a black screen at first. I kept restarting the laptop, but I realized that the laptop was functioning, but the screen was just really dark like in F9 mode. I can sign in and do everything I wanted to do, so the laptop was still funcional. I can even go on settings to change the brightness, but it didn’t do anything. All the keys seemed to be working, so I doubt that the F9 key just broke and I can’t get the screen back to normal. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 202
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help! My laptop screen is broken

Pressing Fn + F9 should enable and disable the backlighting, but Fn + F12 should increase the brightness of the screen.    There is no new Hotkey integration software released for that model, so I am not sure how to bypass the key if it the Fn + F0 combination is not working.

How does the screen look when in the Setup/BIOS screens?

Kodog7
Paper Tape
Views: 166
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help! My laptop screen is broken

The screen is still the same. It is still really dark and difficult to see what’s on the screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors