Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonderlady11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,229
Message 1 of 6

IdeaPad 120s: black screen after failed reset

i need help. i have the lenovo laptop serial number is ******** LENOVO IDEAPAD 120s-11iap and  it wasnt updating due to no space so i bought a micro sd card and transferred all the files in file c and then i was told to delete that file and then it started to reset and got to 45% and then said it couldnt finish. and then it went to a black screen with a cursor in top left side of screen and lenovo logo and then went to a black screen . i need help on what to do .

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.  Corresponding MT-M is 81A40025US.  Post moved to appropriate model forum. Subject edited.  Was: Re: Black screen Lenovo after start

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,188
Message 2 of 6

Re: IdeaPad 120s: black screen after failed reset

Hi wonderlady11! Welcome to the community forums.

Sorry to hear what happen. Could you try to perform a Power Drain on the laptop and check if the issue remains? You may follow the steps below and let us know how it goes.

1. Shut down the laptop
2. Unplug the charger
3. If the battery is removable, remove the battery. If not, proceed with the next step.
4. Press and hold the Power Button for 30 seconds.
5. Reconnect the charger and restart the laptop.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

wonderlady11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,180
Message 3 of 6

nope it didnt work.. funny thing is i reading lots of problems with the black screen. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,175
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for trying the steps. Since the driver has been deleted, we have two options to fix this issue. First, you need to get a recovery media to reinstall the OS and all the drivers on your laptop from our Support Team, which we can help you process the request or you can perform a Clean Install of the OS by creating your own installation media from this link https://lnv.gy/2pqICYn and download all the drivers manually from our support website.

If you want to proceed with the first option. Please send us a private message with your name, phone number, email address, complete physical address and the serial number of the laptop.

Mod's Edit: for transparency, shortened link was converted to full URL.....

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media?linkId=57176482

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

wonderlady11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,166
Message 5 of 6

not sure if the driver was deleted. it wouldnt let me delete some files

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,162
Message 6 of 6

If you have attempted to delete the Drive: C, some drivers might get deleted and some are corrupted. We do have options to fix this issue or you can call our Lenovo US Support Team to request for a recovery media at 877-453-6686/24 hours/day 7 days/week.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors