Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,340
Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad 320-14IKB - Graphics Card

Hello, my Ideapad 320-14IKB currently does not have an NVIDIA Graphics Card, (just the intel one) and I wanted to know if I could add one as not all laptops are equipped to have one added. The Specs are

Intel (R) Core(TM) i5 - 7200 CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.71 GHz. OS is Windows 10 Home, OS Build is 14393.693, Model name: 80XK, Version- 1607,  2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processer(s).

Thanks!

Guru
Views: 1,302
Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad 320-14IKB - Graphics Card

I don't specifically know about the IdeaPad 320, but when it comes to graphics cards and laptops, you should have it installed on your motherboard - Something I wouldn't recommend you do at all let alone yourself. This is because the card will require cooling which you'd also have to figure out. Otherwise, you'd buy the graphics card as meant to be used for a desktop computer which will be about the size of ones forearm (since it'll have a fan). And even then, connecting it to your computer would make gaming experience horrible. The difference between data traveling through your mother board and a wire will be plainly obvious as you struggle to run games with any sort of effiency. The only way this would work out is if you connect the graphics card via thunderbolt - which I'm not sure if your laptop has it or not. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors