Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skukla
Paper Tape
Views: 130
Message 1 of 5

IdeaPad 320 Fn Volume keys weird issue

Hi,

I have some problems with Volume Fn keys. It seems like it work in certain situations. For example: it works when task manager, ccleaner or other program is active, but it doesn't work when desktop, chrome or  explorer are active. I bought this notebook a week ago, OS - Win 10 64-bit. I will be grateful for any help, and I'm sorry for my english, it's not my native language. Thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 117
Message 2 of 5

Re: IdeaPad 320 Fn Volume keys weird issue

Hi skukla,

Welcome to our community forums.

We'd like to clarify, while doing any task is there a music/sounds playing in the background? How are you trying to test if the hot keys for Volume are working? Also, are you trying to press the F2 key(Decreases the volume level) and F3 (Increases the volume level)? Keep us posted.

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

skukla
Paper Tape
Views: 111
Message 3 of 5

Music is playing in the background, there is no problem with the sounds. The problem is that I can't increase, decrease or mute sounds using Fn+F1-F3 keys. I can only do it manually with mouse (using speaker icon in the bottom right corner next to timer). The other keys like increase/decrease brightness (Fn+F11-F12), touchpad or plane mode always are working properly.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 109
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for getting back to us. Could you try to boot into safe mode? Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. This is to isolate the issue whether it's a software or hardware related. Here's how:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht116905

Keep us posted.

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

skukla
Paper Tape
Views: 99
Message 5 of 5

I started the computer in safe mode, but most likely due to the limited state (lack of the several drivers?), the function keys didn't work at all, except for the touchpad lock/unlock key.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors