Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmanojkmr
Paper Tape
Views: 11,478
Message 11 of 35

Re: IdeaPad 330-15IGM Trackpad device settings missing

Have you tried changing the touchpad sensitivity ? If not try it ones.

I suppose it will be a harware issue. Or try safe mlde if it is working fine.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 11,462
Message 12 of 35

It's not a hardware issue. The touchpad settings weren't there when I got last one neither. I tried to reset, no luck. The settings are present in Linux. Update: I only adjust the sensitivity settings(windows) and they're on low.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 11,457
Message 13 of 35

I guess the solution is just to return the laptop and buy another brand. I've tried to reset, tried the drivers from the windows update cataloge, so on. One option is to "cold" install windows, but that's just annyoing. Switched the laptop once already. Calling tech support tomorrow. 

NateB2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,452
Message 14 of 35

Thanks for the effort and the updates. No luck on my side.  I am continuing to struggle with the touchpad.

Nate

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 11,448
Message 15 of 35

Nate, trying to do my best for the whole community. Do you have ELAN or Synaptics? I'm going nuts. I have no idea what more to do than do downgrade/upgrade to Win 8.1, but I need a another key. Only thing in mind is to get an earlier build of Windows 10 and disable the updates, but that would take time and I'm sick of this... That won't solve the fan issue, so why bother. 38dB at 42 degrees Celsius. 

NateB2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,441
Message 16 of 35

I have the Synaptics touchpad, with driver 19.5.10.13, driver date 4/12/18.

I don’t have the loud fan issue.  

I’ll post up if I figure anything out.

Nate

RoteZora
What's DOS?
Views: 11,238
Message 17 of 35

Spent an hour with tech support on this...

I'm having the same issue and just spent an hour on the phone with tech support, the upshot of which was: There's nothing that can be done. 

For me, this means I'm returning my computer, since this is ridiculous. I can return it to the seller; if yours is under warranty I would see if you can claim this as a defect and get one where the tap-to-click option is functional. Our computers are, for whatever reason, not behaving as they should, and to me that qualifies as "defective." Don't know whether Lenovo would agree, but it might be worth a try. 

NateB2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,207
Message 18 of 35

Re: Spent an hour with tech support on this...

I tried to return my PC today, but was told that I am past the return period (purchased in August from Best Buy). I have a wireless mouse and will just use that instead of the track pad.
Highlighted
-PLAzmA-
What's DOS?
Views: 11,135
Message 19 of 35

I was able to fix my issue by downloading the driver from here:

https://www.hwdrivers.com/hw_ids/c96445

https://www.hwdrivers.com/hw_ids/f014594

It Shows: Version, Date: 19.4.18.30/19.4.7.3, 05.01.2018

The issue is the official Lenovo Driver is later, so after installing you must manually force update with device manager to the driver to the one you downloaded, then eventually you can access the settings for the touchpad. I looked inside the elan driver i downloaded from the lenovo website and it appears they omitted the settings tool in the driver possibly. Anyway the older driver appears to work for me, hope it helps someone else.

DB01
Paper Tape
Views: 10,637
Message 20 of 35

Yes! Had this exact same issue on a brand new 330-15IKB and this did the trick. Finally got rid of the pinch zoom, the Synaptics configuration tab is back on display on the mouse properties. Thank you, thank you!
And to Lenovo: perhaps don't make us dive into the forums for two months and have to go with an obscure link to find a solution.

P.S. In my case I had to uninstall the driver and install the older one provided on the link, because windows didn't let me revert to the older one. The only problem is I had to do it just using the keyboard, since uninstalling the mouse removes the abilty to use it. So remove, install driver on link, reboot, voilà.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors