cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfniss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,034
Message 21 of 35

Re: Spent an hour with tech support on this...

This solution seems to be for a Synaptics touchpad.  My Lenovo has an Elan touchpad, which uses a different set of drivers.  What's the solution for Elan?

NateB2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,026
Message 22 of 35

Nice job! Thanks so much for finding the solution. This is a big improvement to the laptop!  Attached are a few screenshots of the driver installation.

NateB2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,019
Message 23 of 35

DB01
Paper Tape
Views: 5,984
Message 24 of 35

The file includes the Elan drivers, too :-)

{3ACCC30E-B6CA-488B-ADF2-C5B822E87A61}.png.jpg

jfniss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,909
Message 25 of 35

By the date and size of the drivers described in your link, they seem to be the same as the backup drivers installed by Lenovo on my D: drive.  That makes me think they're the same defective drivers my computer came with.

tobermory80
Paper Tape
Views: 5,384
Message 26 of 35

Hey, many thanks for posting that driver link. I was desperately looking for a way to compensate for the accidental palm touches on the touchpad while typing on my Ideapad 330-15 IKB (also asked in the Forum here) running Windows 10 x64. But didn't get any such option (palm tracking/palm check) even after trying the Synaptics, ALPS and ELAN touchpad drivers provided in the Support section here. So I downloaded the drivers for ELAN from the link you gave and force installed them. Now I have that Elan Smart-Pad tab in Settings > Devices > Touchpad > Additional settings > Elan. Can't say yet, how well it works but atleast the specific option is displayed now. Thanks.

(In case anyone else is reading and wondering how to do force install drivers, firstly, letting Windows choose the best driver will fail with a message that most current drivers/best drivers are already installed. Instead, go to Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices >  ELAN pointing device > Driver > Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > Have Disk .... browse to the folder where you extracted the downloaded drivers).

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 5,296
Message 27 of 35

Thank you for sharing this! I am on the old driver now and was able to not only fix this zooming problem, but also the reversed scrolling on my IdeaPad 330. Happiness!
suziegirl64
Paper Tape
Views: 4,894
Message 28 of 35

Hi 

I have the same model as you - 330-15IKB 

Please could you or someone else post a complete idiot guide to performing this touchpad update?!

I downloaded the files and extracted them to a folder.  I followed the "Have Disk" method of updating the driver but I get a message saying the file isnt compatible. I only have the standard mouse listed in device manager not a touchpad. How do i know if it's Elan or Synaptics?

please help! thank you 

Highlighted
A_Tommy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,724
Message 29 of 35

Hi, Had the same issue. In trying to fix it I ended up with a crashed windows (BSD) about three times.

Do this:

> Install the latest drivers from Lenovo. (The website can auto detect your machine and suggest the drivers)

> Complete all restarts required, one or two ( You will not see the properties tab going through Device Manager or Control Panel)

> Search windows Store or Microsoft Store for ETDProperties.

> Install the App.

> Launch from Start Menu.

> The App gives you access to all the Touchpad properties.

I guess they (Elan or Lenovo) have moved the Touchpad properties into a Windows App, but are not doing a very good job of letting users know how to access it.

Machine: ideapad 33017ICH - i7 8th Gen - GeForce GTX

Iain43
What's DOS?
Views: 4,297
Message 30 of 35

Many thanks sir , you are a genius. I had tried all sorts of drivers from different links and this one worked. So great to have the tap turned off.

Cheers.

Iain

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors