Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NateB2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,812
Message 1 of 29

IdeaPad 330-15IGM Trackpad device settings missing

I would like to adjust the trackpad settings on my IdeaPad 330 (turn off tap to click, reverse the scrolling orientation).  The Synaptics device settings tab in the mouse properties dialog is missing.  See the screenshot below.  I believe that there should be a Device Settings tab for the Synaptics trackpad to the right of the hardware tab.  I downloaded and installed the latest driver from the Lenovo site, but still no luck.  Any suggestons? 

Thanks,

Nate

Touchpad Mouse Properties.PNG

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 9,765
Message 2 of 29

Re: IdeaPad 330-15IGM Trackpad device settings missing

Hi NateB2!

Thanks for reaching out to us for support. Do you have the touchpad icon in the system tray? If yes, have you tried accessing the touchpad properties/settings from there? Also, the touchpad in the device manager.

- Press Windows key + X then select Device Manager
- Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click on the icon next to expand the list (take a screenshot and send it here)
- Check if it's listed as PS/2 Port
- If you see the Lenovo Pointing Device or Synaptics right click on it and select properties.
- Go to drivers tab then take a screenshot and send it here.

We're looking forward to your reply. JanGab_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

NateB2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,753
Message 3 of 29

Hello,

Thank you for the fast reply.  There is no touchpad icon in the system tray.  Below are screenshots from the device manager. The HID compliant mouse is a USB mouse that I connected yesterday.  The issue with the missing touchpad settings existed before I installed the USB mouse. 

I could find no mention of a PS/2 mouse.

Thanks again,

Nate

Device Manager - Synaptics Pointing Device Properties.PNG

Device Manager.PNG

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 9,751
Message 4 of 29

Hi! Another hand to help here. Could you try the steps provided in this link on how to open the Synaptics Settings to adjust the trackpad/touchpad settings of the laptop https://lnv.gy/2vSwItX - Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

NateB2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,742
Message 5 of 29

Hello,

In the instructions, step 1 is to go the "Device Settings" tab in Mouse Properties.  This tab is missing on my computer. 

Thanks,

Nate

instruction step 1.png

NateB2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,707
Message 6 of 29

Hello,

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Nate

patitodehule
What's DOS?
Views: 9,327
Message 7 of 29

I have the same issue as NateB2.

Lenovo, please help, this touchpad drives me crazy and need to disable the taps.

I also tried to remove and re-install synaptics driver, no joy.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 9,324
Message 8 of 29

I have the same issue, 330 similar model. Another touchpad, ELAN. I did the same procedure, factory reset, but no sultion there too. Works in Linux. 

FYI, I'll I bought this laptop for my sisters birthday. She's using Windows. Is it so that hard to make an updated touchpad driver? I did return the same laptop and got a new, because Lenovo support told me it must be an hardware issue, it's not. Same with the noise fan.

So I've been spending all my time watching and trying to help people with the same issues on the forums. I can't understand the people on support: "The fan noise may be solved with an future update and I don't know what to do with the driver, you'll just have to wait. We can't do more". *bump*

dmanojkmr
Paper Tape
Views: 9,291
Message 9 of 29

I have the same issue, I browsed through many sites but had no clues.

But then, I found that Elan drivers had every options (multi touch features ) enabled though the settings were not visible.

Just try to uninstall the touch pad drivers and install Elan drivers, At least we can use the deault settings till Lenovo resolves this issue.

Installing Synaptics drivers just makes your touch pad like an ordinary mouse in this case.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 9,253
Message 10 of 29

I've tried every single driver from windows update catalouge, no luck. There are no options. Sure, you can use the touchpad, but scrolling by itself even at low sensitivity... End up getting the windows zoomed for no reason. The other "smart" funstions are nice, but I just want a working touchpad. Not auto-scroll for no reason.

Why should I wait? I've wasted so much time on stupid issues that Lenovo isn't able to solve(yet, if ever). Come on. It's built in Septermber, 2018. The last thing I should be thinking of is tracking down a driver for touchpad settings or having to disable built-in CPU functions even underclock the CPU to make the fans quiet.

It was ment for simple use and have it to be future proof. It's a gift for my sisters birthday.

Is that to much to demand for a laptop in 2018 that's appox 800 US dollars or 730 euro? I'd rather go for Apple, only issue is that the screen is only 13" and a way higher price-tag, but I don't care anymore.

I'm happy with my 5th gen i5 and 4GB DDR3 ram, using Linux, not a gamer, so no need for anything else.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors