cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj42
Paper Tape
Views: 221
Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad 330-17IKB after upgrading BIOS the computer can't find the hard drive or optical drive

IdeaPad 330-17IKB upgraded the BIOS using the built in updating software. After the install it said the computer need to restart but when it did the laptop can no longer find either the Hard drive or the Optical (DVD) drive. It keeps trying to boot using PXE Network. It can also boot from a USB flash drive (tested with Windows install drive" but that's it. I have tried resetting the BIOS to default settings which didn't help. The drives can not be seen using either UEFI mode which is the default or using legacy mode. When I turn on the computer it first says "Checking Media" the "Defualt Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key. Then select 'Boot Manager' to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media." After that is goes to "Boot Option Menu" but the only option is "EFI PXE Network" Is there a way to down grade the BIOS by booting from a flash drive? I've seen that as an option for ThinkPads but not IdeaPads or at least not this one.
AnnekeD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 178
Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad 330-17IKB after upgrading BIOS the computer can't find the hard drive or optical drive

Might have a similar problem with my Ideapad 330-17AST: stuck in BIOS loop after BIOS update this morning.

BIOS menu has 3 options (harddrive and 2 PCI LAN types) which do nothing when selected.

I can change BIOS elements, even though I get several messages upon saving and exiting BIOS setup (Formset xxxx. Failed to save to storage xxxx. Status: write protected.) It's like it's constantly rebooting too (for instance, while I'm in BIOS setup it wil suddenly reboot and go to splash screen and then BIOS menu).

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors