cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vonna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 319
Message 11 of 17

Re: IdeaPad 330 Laptop ruined by bios update, can I send it in to restore it to a functional state?

I understand fully the irritation. When I red this post I was also annoyed with the answer.

I thought oke so I have to go somewhere in the Netherlands to a Lenovo store (if there is one?) to have it fixed which will take several weeks. In the meantime I can't work at home.....

Lenovo must come with a good solution/fix for all those who have problems after this bios-upgrade or at least give a good answer/solution. I didn't get any good responds from Lenovo so I have made the choice to reset the computer. It is now working fine although it took a lot of work to install all my programs/personal settings.

Rawxern
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 314
Message 12 of 17

Re: IdeaPad 330 Laptop ruined by bios update, can I send it in to restore it to a functional state?

Yeah I initially just reinstalled a clean version of Windows but then I couldn't update it to get my driver's to install. My friend was going through hoops to get windows to boot.
Rawxern
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 202
Message 13 of 17

Apologies fellas, 'solution' unmarked

In the end I still ended up just sending it in. It was only 2 days away for me. But I understand the frustration from an official update practically bricking such expensive hardware.
Lenbro
What's DOS?
Views: 176
Message 14 of 17

I just had the same issue. I bought this laptop for my wife. Lenovo is clueless as to how to resolve this issue. We are sending it in to have it fix. This is Lenovo's fault, they have to fix the issue per the terms of their warrenty agreement. Lenovo is far too reputable of a company to have an issue with updating BIOS. This is kind of preschool stuff in the PC/Laptop industry.

SamHead
Paper Tape
Views: 140
Message 15 of 17

Good news folks. There is now a new BIOS release. Version 8TCN51WW

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/300-SERIES/330-15IKB-TYPE-81DE/81DE...

The update is listed as Severity Critical

Wish me luck

SamHead
Paper Tape
Views: 131
Message 16 of 17

8tcn51ww BIOS Update went smoothly.

No heroic rescue was required

System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Model 81DE
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU LENOVO_MT_81DE_BU_idea_FM_ideapad 330-15IKB
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO 8TCN51WW, 2018-12-08

Dejan3
Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 17 of 17

You are totally right @FrustratedinAZ, thats excatly what happened, unfortunately for me  BIOS update somehow messed up my integrated graphics card and corrupted its driver, so i had to totally reinstall windows and have everything back in order. At first when windows didnt want to boot i was afraid my motherboard was destroyed, i reached to a USB with a Linux on it and crossed fingers it would  boot, luckily for me boot went fine and then i realised BIOS update somehow interfered with a intel optane memory. This BIOS version works just fine the only things it messed up is boot and my graphics card driver, no need to install newer version. I know they released new update but they lost my trust so i wont take my chances and install it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors