Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drbovich
Paper Tape
Views: 498
Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad 330s 14IKB gaming potential & thunderbolt configuration

Hello, 

First of all I want to appreicate the fact that for my first laptop I am really pleased. I have bought this laptop for university with my budget afforded me.

However, I do have some interests and thoughts on keeping my old hobbies available  - gaming. 

Youtube gave me some general information about having an external graphic card dock, but it wasn't enough for me. I figured maybe asking the devs and the community, will get me more information about this and enlighten me.

bare in mind that buying a new laptop\gaming rig isn't an option, I am just curious on how can I get to the "gaming" scene with my current ideapad model. Nothing hardcore with high end results though, I am just looking forward to see some tips and methods you people recommend.

Thanks in advance!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 474
Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad 330s 14IKB gaming potential & thunderbolt configuration

Hi drbovich!

Welcome to the Community,

Other variants of Ideapad 330S-14 has a discrete cards,

14 Inch (AMD)

AMD Radeon R3 / R4 / R5 Graphics in processor only, or
AMD Radeon R3 / R4 / R5 Graphics in processor and AMD Radeon 530
(2GB GDDR5 memory)

14 Inch (Intel)

Some: Intel HD Graphics 610 / 620 or Intel UHD Graphics 620 in processor only;
Some: Intel HD Graphics 620 or Intel UHD Graphics 620 in processor and
AMD Radeon 535 (2GB GDDR5 memory);
Some: Intel HD Graphics 620 or Intel UHD Graphics 620 in processor and
AMD Radeon 540 (2GB or 4GB GDDR5 memory)

and those will provide better gaming performance. However, this is not upgradable as it is soldered in the Motherboard, so I'm afraid that we won't be able to go beyond that if you want to convert the laptop to something different to what you currently have. It would be best if we can get suggestions from other users with the same model in the Community. They may be able to provide tips on how to accomplished this task without using external devices, and not compromising hardware components in the laptop.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors