Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjodale
Paper Tape
Views: 783
Message 1 of 9

IdeaPad 330s-15ARR (AMD) Display issue

I just got this laptop in late October and already have video issues. it is mainly used for watching videos on netflix and some Facebook. The issue is when I am on netflix the video will go green and stop responding, until you move the mouse then it will pick up again. before you can count to 3 it does it again.

I have just updated the video ddrivers with no fix .

I also thought it a netflix issue, but it doesn't do it on my other machies.

DatHD
Paper Tape
Views: 750
Message 2 of 9

Re: IdeaPad 330s-15ARR (AMD) Display issue

Hey there!

I am also an AMD fan, with the issue you are reporting, have you tried disabling hardware acceleration in the browser being used? I also noticed my screen glitching green colours when watching YouTube videos via the Chrome web browser, so I saw your post then went to my Chrome web browser settings and disabled hardware acceleration.  I did this by:

- Clicking on the 3 dotted icon at the top right of the Chrome browser

- Clicking on Settings

- In the Settings menu, do a search for ""Hardware acceleration"

- Disable the option to "Use hardware acceleration when available"

- Click on the "Relaunch" option, this will restart your web browser.

I haven't seen the green screen glitching since, so it worked for my Lenono V330-14ARR laptop, hopefully it should resolve your issue too. :}

Highlighted
tjodale
Paper Tape
Views: 732
Message 3 of 9

That just might have done the trick, I'll give it a couple of days then accept as solution THANKS for sharing that.
DatHD
Paper Tape
Views: 713
Message 4 of 9

No worries, happy to help! :}

gpl_gps
Paper Tape
Views: 683
Message 5 of 9

I also have that issue, but it just started happening to me 2 days ago, while on Youtube and Reddit. Not just on videos, but also on GIFs aswell. It just started happening since the last Windows Update. The solution presented is good, but just for Chrome. For Discord and Steam, the issue is still there. I think this is due to an uncompatible update with our current drivers.

gpl_gps
Paper Tape
Views: 678
Message 6 of 9

Also, while without hardware acceleration, it's hard to get a clean 1080p 60fps experience on Youtube with our laptops, which is a bummer.

And when I activate the Windows Night Mode, the image just switches constantly from regular to night mode over and over.

tjodale
Paper Tape
Views: 667
Message 7 of 9

While it does fix my issue, there are trade offs. Using the software acceleration does raise the RPM's of the fan quite a bit. At least now I know what to do to get the thing to work right

Thanks again for the help.

tjodale
Paper Tape
Views: 645
Message 8 of 9

You may want to start your own thread with the issues you have listed. This presented fix suited my needs, but there are many out there that don't even bother with these forums. Thanks for posting in my thread though. I hope that the developers listem and get us some new drivers .

sudduram
Fanfold Paper
Views: 385
Message 9 of 9

do anyone can help, this laptop has bad whitish fadded display ,any one say how to get bright and shine colour while playing videos

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors