Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elnatan
Paper Tape
Views: 84
Message 1 of 3

IdeaPad 720-15IKB: Screen not working

Hello,

I've purchased a new Lenovo laptop about 9 months ago and about 2 and a half months ago after folding the screen up the LCD display stopped working.

It kept coming back a couple of times after turning on the laptop with a specific screen angle, but then only the backlight worked, and later it never came back.

Even through the laptop is still in warrenty I'm living abroad to where I've purchased it so contacting Lenovo locally didn't help as they claimed I didn't have an international warrenty.

After consulting with a local laptop technician, he suspected that the issue is with the LCD cable, so I contacted Lenovo Australia locally to order a replacement LCD cable. Unfortunately, over 2 months after ordering the part, it's still being delayed and hasn't reached me.

I wanted to consult with the forums if anyone has an idea what should I do apart from waiting, additionally I know that the LCD cable also connects the motherboard to the camera, but my laptop's camera is working great in all screen angles, so I'm worried the screen's issue might be something else. I will note that I've tried replacing the LCD panel to a new one but that didn't solve the issue.

If anyone has any insights that'd be great.

Thank you!

Elnatan
Paper Tape
Views: 42
Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaPad 720-15IKB: Screen not working

I was just informed by Lenovo Australia that after 2 and a half months of waiting for the LCD cable replacement that I've ordered for my laptop, they were unable to resource it so I will be refunded.

Anyone has any idea what am I to do now? I'm stuck with a new laptop that has a non-functioning screen that Lenovo doesn't want to fix.

Elnatan
Paper Tape
Views: 13
Message 3 of 3

Re: IdeaPad 720-15IKB: Screen not working

Any idea anyone?

I'm still stuck with the laptop...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors