Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Action123
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,497
Message 1 of 4

IdeaPad 720s 13" Quality Control / Design issues

So I received my 720s yesterday. i7-8550U, UHD display, 512 SSD.

No good. Backlight bleed on the top and bottom left corners (not horrific, but definitely too much for what is sold as the premium display) and the touchpad is clunky. You press in on either side and it clicks, but then goes in further and makes another click sound and tactile response.

Has anyone else had similar problems with this model or a similar 720s?

I called Lenovo and explained the problems (and they asked me to email them a picture, which I used lightbleedtest.com to display the issue). They told me that they're gonna send me a new machine, and then once I verify that the issue isn't existent on the new one, I'll send the old one back on a prepaid label.

At the very least, I'm happy with the customer service and how they run the return process, but I really expected more with the quality control. Curious to see if there's similar issues that are known -- would rather not have to do a full return.

lenovoma
Punch Card
Views: 1,294
Message 2 of 4

Re: IdeaPad 720s 13" Quality Control / Design issues

Why should you be happy with this? The one they send you (as with all warranty replacements) will be a refurb.

Action123
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,291
Message 3 of 4

I got my replacement and then a second replacement. Third machine I got was just slightly better so I kept that. None of them were refurbished - all new sealed in box. But I guess all the 13" 720s machines have at least a bit of bleed... 

lenovoma
Punch Card
Views: 1,287
Message 4 of 4

Refurbished just means cleaned up and packaged again. Almost every warranty agreement I have read says a manufacturer promises a working product, and it can be refurbished. What do you think happens to the laptops you sent back? They are not in the Lenovo Outlet Store, so...

This is not specific to your case, but really I hate manufacturer's that send out DOA parts because it's such a scam.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors