cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ViBogdan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 722
Message 71 of 111

Re: IdeaPad 720s-13ARR: if the bios won't be updated anymore?

Oh, I see indeed v30 is newer. But the curious thing is that I was only able to get v30 from the chinese site. On the european one I can only find v40, which cannot be installed.

Moriarty_91
Token Ring
Views: 689
Message 72 of 111

Hello!
Once again thats weird. It looks like Bios 30WW (for older machines released with Win 1703) was removed from the international download pages somewhen around October 22nd.
It was available for a long time and I have not read anything about problems with that release. I am also running that version personally without any problems.

If you really need it, and don't care about the fact that it was removed for some unknown reason: the direct link to the updater is still working and can be guessed if you know the one from 40WW...

Whatever it is with those Biosses on this machine, for some reason Lenovo does strange-looking things and is either not willing or able to give some kind of explanation.

Moriarty_91

ViBogdan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 667
Message 73 of 111

Yes I also noticed this. I downloaded the bios v30 from the chinese site. On the european one it says that a new update will be coming soon. Maybe they are getting ready to roll out another one? 

Moriarty_91
Token Ring
Views: 656
Message 74 of 111

Yes, perhaps they are simply preparing a new release. But why is there a gap of more than three weeks between removing the old download and (hopefully) offering a new one instead of simply replacing it?

Arctos_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 599
Message 75 of 111

Just wanted to add another response to this in the hopes that Lenovo will address the issue soon.

It's a real shame they're shipping laptops with such unreliable graphics drivers.

Coofer
Punch Card
Views: 581
Message 76 of 111

In this case Lenovo is not the problem. AMD does not update the drivers as often as the ones for the desktop graphics cards. For sure i am also very dissapointed about that. But you can find a lot of manuals to use the actual desktop drivers. I have tried a lot and it brings a decent speed increase. Unfortunately, this has side effects on the runtime and you can not make any more settings in the amd console. Sometimes games crash cause of lag of memory. :-D Yes experimentel...

In the end that notebook is the first gen. That is always a little bit risky. But I like this super light powerhorse and wanted to support the new mobile plattform.

Coofer
Punch Card
Views: 579
Message 77 of 111

About the "empty bios update":

The bios was thought for the new windows 10 (1809) update.

But because of the problems Microsoft has, they did not released it.

It seems they waiting for an "OK it is stable" of Microsoft. ;-D

And we all know, that it is not..

Moriarty_91
Token Ring
Views: 533
Message 78 of 111

But why does the 720S-13ARR need new bios-files for each Windows-Upgrade? I take care of many oter devices that haven't seen bios-updates for years and have absolutely no problems (aside from the ones each feature-upgrade has in the first months).
Luckily I have upgraded my OS from Home (which the 720S-13ARR was delivered with) to Pro so I can postpone the feature-upgrade. But as many owners will likely have stayed with the Home-Edition they are in danger of being upgraded to 1809 as it is re-release now?! So it might be time to release an updated bios if needed...

nuoier
Fanfold Paper
Views: 526
Message 79 of 111

The bios upgrade program never detect what version of windows 10 you are running,it just detect what bios version the machine is.I don't know why the document and program say it's depends on what's windows 10 version it is, maybe lenovo just want to make user confused so we won't find out bios version below v30 can't upgrade to higher than v30.

jjingjjok
Paper Tape
Views: 468
Message 80 of 111

Betreff: IdeaPad 720s-13ARR: if the bios won't be updated anymore?

The classic version bios 6KCN30KWW was removed from the link by Lenovo. Only the readme file exists.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors