cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damon27
Paper Tape
Views: 631
Message 1 of 2

[IdeaPad Flex 15D]- Won't boot past Lenovo screen after AMD graphics driver update

Laptop is running on Windows 10.

Yesterday I updated my AMD graphics driver using the update tool from AMD. After all the necessary files were downloaded and installed, I was prompted to restart and I did. Upon restart, the laptop would not boot past the Lenovo screen. The white circles that rotate always freeze and it just stays on the Lenovo screen upon every attempt to boot. I can't enter safe mode or the bios options, what can I do to fix this? 

P.S. A few months ago I began having an issue with the sleep mode. When trying to enter sleep mode, the laptop would just shut down unexpectedly and almost instantly. I'm not sure what caused this issue, but I've just been avoiding it by shutting down instead of sleeping. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, or if the restart was interrupted by an unexpected shutdown. 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 613
Message 2 of 2

Re: [IdeaPad Flex 15D]- Won't boot past Lenovo screen after AMD graphics driver update

If you cannot load into Setup (the BIOS) then you have an issue other than the graphics driver, since it does not load until later in the boot cycle when Windows loads.  

Are you absolutely sure you cannot get into setup by pressing the NOVO button (round button next to power plug)

How can I start the BIOS setup utility?

To start the BIOS setup utility:

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Press the Novo button and then select BIOS Setup.

Try removing the battery and power supply for awhile, but if you still cannot access the BIOS, you may have a bad system board.   If you can access the BIOS  and boot options, you could create a Windows 10 USB recovery drive on a friends Windows 10 system, and then use it to boot and repair your system....

Good luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors