Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odroids
What's DOS?
Views: 561
Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad Flex 5 1470 81C9 - Sleep Issue

Recently bought this laptop and having issues waking this system up from Sleep. I updated the BIOS to the latest version and the system shows that all the drivers as up to date. System was bought from Microsoft Store ( if that's an important data point as MS does not install all the bloatware that typically comes with it). Here are my observations; scenarios are all in laptop mode, I haven't ventured much in to tablet mode.

If I leave the laptop plugged in with no activity, Screen powers off after the specified time. When I try to wake the system, it does not respond. Power light stays solid and is not blinking as I would expect it to be. Only option to bring up the system is a reboot. I have the Balanced Power Mode active.

If I put the system to Sleep from the Start Menu ( Power - Sleep), System goes to sleep, Power light blinks indicating sleep mode and I am able to wake the system up with key press.

I am reasonably tech savvy, but has not been able to find a solution . Love the laptop at the pricepoint in every other aspect and would really like to keep this, if I can solve this issue.

Any guidance from gurus out here is appreciated !

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 528
Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad Flex 5 1470 81C9 - Sleep Issue

@odroids wrote:

If I leave the laptop plugged in with no activity, Screen powers off after the specified time. When I try to wake the system, it does not respond. Power light stays solid and is not blinking as I would expect it to be.

When the screen powers off, the system is NOT sleeping -- all that has happened is that the screen has powered off.  For this reason, I would NOT expect to see the power LED blinking in that situation.

I don't know what might be causing your problem, but a workaround would be to DISABLE screen blanking when powered from the mains adapter (there is a setting for this combination -- you need to set it only the once).  You might save a bit of mains power by blanking the screen, but that is likely to be peanuts.

If you ALSO have this problem when powered from the battery, it is more serious, since you don't want the screen consuming battery power if you are not looking at it.  Does it have this problem when battery powered?

One other thing to try: look in the "User Guide" or "Hardware Maintenance Manual" for your laptop to determine which of your keys acts as the "Toggle Screen On/Off" key.  Perhaps all that you need to do is press the "Toggle Screen On/Off" key to make the screen re-appear.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors