Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superlaptop12
Not applicable
Views: 33,762
Message 1 of 3

Idealpad 320S - How to factory Reset - no Novo button

Hello

I watched lenovo video on factory reset?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu5YY3wb4EU

However for the 320 laptop I have I cannot see a nuvo button next to the power slot?  

Is there another way to reset the laptop, is there key combination that do the same thing?

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 33,507
Message 2 of 3

Re: Idealpad 320S - How to factory Reset - no Novo button

Hi Superlaptop12,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

AFAIK, the Ideapad 320s do not have One Key Recovery factory restore feature but what it uses is the Windows Reset protocol instead as described in the user manual page 18 here. This can be available within Windows recovery option else with the push button reset tool.

While the PC is off, power on the machine using the Novo button.

IP320sNovo.JPG

This would turn on the laptop and offer the Novo menu to either boot to BIOS or System Recovery to Reset.

Process of Reset is similar to Windows advance option reset as described here.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

CyberSimian
Not applicable
Views: 33,482
Message 3 of 3

Re: Idealpad 320S - How to factory Reset - no Novo button

@Superlaptop12@  wrote:

However for the 320 laptop I have I cannot see a nuvo button next to the power slot? 

If your 320 is like my 700-15ISK, the "Novo" button is concealed beneath the casing, and you press it by inserting the end of a straightened paper clip (or similar) into the correct hole in the casing.  Refer to the diagram in the previous post to find the location of this hole.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors