Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Razvan_N
Paper Tape
Views: 2,190
Message 1 of 10

Ideapad 100-15IBD SSD drivers needed to install Windows 10 x64

S/N ******** , MTM 80QQ01DMR I

I've put Legacy boot in BIOS, AHCI for SATA and tried installing Windows 10 Enterprise (x64) from DVD, it starts but gives this message before being able to partition the SSD (Liteon CV3-DE256).

Did I messed up BIOS settings, or it really needs drivers? Where to get them? Thanks!

IMG_3610.JPG

Moderator note: serial number removed for member's protection.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,160
Message 2 of 10

Re: Ideapad 100-15IBD SSD drivers needed to install Windows 10 x64

Hello and welcome,

That message usually means missing USB 3.0 drivers, but I wouldn't expect that from Win 10.

Have you tried running the install in UEFI mode - if that's possibe?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Razvan_N
Paper Tape
Views: 2,153
Message 3 of 10

Hi, Zoltan!

I have tried, but the laptop came with FreeDos and it goes directly into that (I've never used UEFI for an installation... always Legacy).

If it asks for USB3.0, why before partitioning the SSD?!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,135
Message 4 of 10

I'm not at all sure that missing USB 3.0 drivers is/are the problem.

When it does happen (more often with Win 7 installs on newer hardware) it happens at that point because the initial installer boot uses BIOS hooks, but later hands off to WinPE (I believe) which doesn't have the drivers.

When in UEFI mode are you using the Novo button to get to the boot menu and directly selecting the DVD as the boot device?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Razvan_N
Paper Tape
Views: 2,127
Message 5 of 10

Just tried to do that (UEFI, starting from Novo button), went to the boot menu but I have NO OPTION there, just the arrows up and down to change option, but no options are there, not DVD, not SSD, nothing.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,118
Message 6 of 10

In that case your media isn't UEFI bootable, so it doesn't show up in the menu.

You might try creating a flash drive from the ISO if you have one.  Use something like 7zip to extract the ISO contents to a FAT32 flash drive.  Boot it in UEFI mode.

Thing is - like the USB 3.0 question - I'm not sure UEFI will fix things.  Just tossing stuff at the wall for you to try.

You could also try a quick test with a Win 10 Pro download to see if that points out anything interesting.

Z.

Razvan_N
Paper Tape
Views: 2,105
Message 7 of 10

I have put everything in Legacy (Boot Mode: Legacy Support; Boot Priority: Legacy First), SATA on ”compatible” instead of AHCI, Intel Platform Trust Technology is disabled (although I don't think it helps), OS optimized defaults: disabled.

Keeps on asking for drivers.

Could it be from the Liteon SSD having a sour firmware version?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,089
Message 8 of 10

I would not expect this to be caused by the target drive.

One cause I see on the web is a corrupt ISO from a corrupt or partial download.  Are you using MS media or downloaded ISO?

I don't have any suggestions other than setting BIOS to defaults, making sure UEFI is selected, and booting a flash drive created from a fresh download.

Hopefully others here will have ideas to offer.

Z.

Razvan_N
Paper Tape
Views: 2,084
Message 9 of 10

I'm using a DVD made from an ISO, but it's tested. I will try the same ISO but on a different media (DVD-RW).

Hey, I've just tried a Windows 7 Pro x64 and it works! I deleted the FreeDos partition! Tomorrow I will try again Win10 (this time it won't have an OS on SSD) with different settings and/or discs.

I will return with feedback!

Razvan_N
Paper Tape
Views: 2,051
Message 10 of 10

BAD MEDIA! I've put the same ISO on a DVD-RW and it works! Happily installing right now! Thanks Zoltan for your advice!

Top Kudoed Authors