Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThierryH
Paper Tape
Views: 599
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 100-15IBY - BIOS bricked

Team,

I'm the happy owner of an Ideapad 100-15IBY that perfectly does the job. Unfortunately, Windows 10 decided to download tons of upgrades/updates that completely put my PC on the knees. I had a very bad reaction: while I had the Lenovo logo on the screen and it's turning wheel with the "upgrading XX%..." message (so during BIOS load, it seems) and I switched the PC off. Since then, no boot, no access even to BIOS and the screen stays black. Even the Lenovo logo doesn't appear anymore.

I dismounted the laptop, removed the battery, removed the CMOS battery and reformatted the hard drive (Seagate 500GB) completely: nothing changed. I suspect that there is no electronic issue, only the BIOS is corrupted or vanished. I read the hardware manual but didn't find a mean to reinitialize the BIOS (any jumper on the motherboard? I didn't dismounted it yet). Where could I find a working BIOS to reflash it? What is the sequence to force a BIOS reflash?

Thanks in advance for your help.

user122
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 100-15IBY - BIOS bricked

Hi. If you can turn on computer you need to tray to install Linux Mint XFCE version or XUbuntu.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors