cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IHAVENOIDEA227
Paper Tape
Views: 1,172
Message 1 of 1

Ideapad 100 15IBY - Clean install of windows?

Hello, firstly I want to thank you for reading my post and apologize for the poor formating.

Secondly, I would like to share my issue with my lenovo laptop (bought late 2016):

I think someone might have sent me a virus through a game. What makes me think that? After someone messaged me in-game telling me they were making me disconnect from the game, which was ineed happening for a few days.

So I used the novo button to get back to reinstall the system? from the recovery partition but I am still worried that someone could be spying on me.

Then I tried to install windows 7 professional 64bit (the laptop was provided with windows 10) from an official DVD I bought a few years ago but it did not work, I changed some settings in the BIOS about UEFI, legacy, I read that on this forum in other posts.

I tried to boot from the DVD, and eventually it gives a blue screen telling me that my BIOS is not ACPI compliant. 

I updated the BIOS but it didn't solve the issue.

Finally i would like to ask a few questions:

1) Could my recovery partition be infected?

2) Is there any way to download and install a fresh version of windows 10, I tried from the microsoft website but apparently my windows doesn't work.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors