Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ernesttelecom
Paper Tape
Views: 4,465
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 100 BIOS Password reset

Hello Lenovo support Team,

What are the options a user have to reset a forgotten BIOS password? My laptop's model is Ideapad 100-15IBD 80QQ. I'll be waiting for your help since I can't use it.

Best Regards! Ernesto

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 4,463
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 100 BIOS Password reset

Hi ernesttelecom, 

It is against the community guidelines to provide security bypass. I would recommend calling Lenovo Warranty Support and getting service for the motherboard. This will be considered as accidental damage and will not be covered by warranty. You can get in touch with Lenovo by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page under Support.

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Britain
What's DOS?
Views: 878
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 100 BIOS Password reset

shouldnt the user have access to a one time download that’ll allow them to rebuild their entire architecture without having to pay Lenovo a dime? Doesn’t sound like that’s a bypass nor does it break security? Sounds like response to this question is Lenovo’s feeble attempt to make money rather than helping their end-users

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors