Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJ52
What's DOS?
Views: 3,178
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad 100S randomly does not turn off

HI,

I recenty bought the Ideapad 100s  and am generally satisfied with it. 

But sometimes (about 7 out of 10 attempts), laptop does not turn off when I shutdown the computer.

That is, the power light (one next to the battery light) is still on. 

In fact, I know that the computer is really not turned off because the battery life goes down when that happens. 

So I have to press the power button for about 15 sec to actually turn off the computer. And I do not think manually turning off the computer like that is not good. 

What might be the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Valor1776
What's DOS?
Views: 3,124
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad 100S randomly does not turn off

I have this problem too

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,110
Message 3 of 6

@JJ52 wrote:

But sometimes (about 7 out of 10 attempts), laptop does not turn off when I shutdown the computer.

That is, the power light (one next to the battery light) is still on.  In fact, I know that the computer is really not turned off because the battery life goes down when that happens.

I don't have any experience of the Ideapad 100S, but the following might improve matters:

(1) Disable "Fast Start" (also called "Fast Boot").  You will have to google for this, as the setting is incredibly well hidden in the Windows 10 "Settings" application.

(2) Edit your power plan, and change the actions selected for the "Power Button" and the "Lid Action":

(a) Set "Power Button" to "Hibernate" or "Shutdown" (whichever you prefer).

(b) Set "Lid Action" to "Sleep", "Hibernate", or "Shutdown" (whichever you prefer).

On my 700-15ISK, I have "Power Button" set to "Hibernate", and "Lid Action" set to "Sleep".  Bear in mind that "Sleep" is not intended for a long-duration standby, since it is still consuming power.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Isabelle_B
What's DOS?
Views: 2,696
Message 4 of 6

Has anyone found a fix to this?

My 100s does the same sometimes. It shuts down, but the light stays on. I end up having to hold down the power button.

I read that having an external drive/memory stick plugged in keeps the light on, but yet to see the results. Anything else that could solve this?

Sam321
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,637
Message 5 of 6

I have the same problem.
My 100s does the same sometimes.

It shuts down, but the power light stays on.

I too end up having to hold down the power button.

Has anyone found a fix to this?

gjf60
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,439
Message 6 of 6

I also have the 100S and its been working fine.  Yesterday after shutting down the power light was staying on even when I selected shut down with the power button and the screen would go off.  After a short time it would power up again.   I had the shut down option selected when I press the power button.   The above solution of turn off fast start up solved the problem for me under shut down settings at bottom of page.  Contol panel/power option/system setting.  I had to click on Change settings that are currently unavailable in blue near top of page as shut down settings was grayed out

Now it takes just a few seconds longer to boot up but at least it shuts down properly and doesn't boot back up by itself    

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors