cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siebfried
What's DOS?
Views: 754
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 100s - plug the power supply or use the battery?

Hallo,

I use a IdeaPad 100S (Win 10). Sometimes I use this Laptop for a couple of hours.

Here is my question:

Is it better to plug the power supply while working or is it better to use the battery till it is empty (~20%)? Or what is the best solution to save the battery.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 727
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 100s - plug the power supply or use the battery?

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Doing charge cycles of full to empty can be hard on a laptop battery.  If you are going to have the laptop plugged in and you will be working on it for a extended period of time then why not take advantage of the Conservation Mode option that the Lenovo Settings app has to offer.  With the Conservation Mode enabled it will maintain your battery's charge in the 55 to 60% range rather than continually charging it to 100%.  This will help extend the overall life of the battery.  In the event you can foresee the need to go portable then switch the Conservation Mode Off and let it fully charge.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors