Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAULHOBSON
Paper Tape
Views: 2,080
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 110-15ast wifi problems

I am on holidays in Mexico (no on-line support) and can not connect with main wifi router at resort 5 bars. connecting to router with 1 bar. BRAND NEW laptop that connected at home ok. Recovered to original settings 2x. Updated lan driver from realtek, windows update and lenovo. Tried manual connection and after 2 weeks totally frustrated. wifi is realtek 8821AE driver version is 2023.46.1031.2016.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,004
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 110-15ast wifi problems

Just a long shot, but it may be that your laptop is automatically connecting to the resort at 5GHz, which has a much shorter range that 2.4Ghz.    You should be able to force your Realtek card to use only the older 802.11 b/g standard, which will force it to connect at 2.4GHz if available.   

• Right Click on Start and select Device Manager
  • Left click on Network Adapters to expand
  • Right Click on your Realtek WiFi Card and select Properties
  • Left Click on the Advanced tab, and look for a setting under properties called Wireless Mode (if not present, check the other available properties)
  • If available, change the value from Auto to IEEE 801.11 b/g and click OK

The speed is slower at 2.4 GHz (54Mbps) but that may suffice for the duration of your vacation, just remember to set it back to Auto upon your return.

Good Luck,

PAULHOBSON
Paper Tape
Views: 1,972
Message 3 of 4

Ideapad 110-15ast wifi problems in Mexico with no tech support

Thanks for the quick try. I tried all of the available options in the drop-down field in the advanced, wireless mode tab including enabling the 802.11d section all to no avail. This router has a signal strenght of only 24 mbs.  Any more ideas would be appreciated

Mod's Comment: Please be advised that bumping your post is only allowed after 3 days. Any bumps sooner will be removed as they unfairly move new postings farther down the list.

n1kk1mou5e
What's DOS?
Views: 1,365
Message 4 of 4

Re: Ideapad 110-15ast wifi problems

wow thank you so much once i read this fix i knew i needed to look for and it almost fixed itself!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors