01-24-2019 06:46 AM
Running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Ideapad 110-15isk. Laptop is close to three years old. Has a RAM upgrade.
A few days ago, my laptop gave me the blue screen of death, with “Unexpected store exception” as the error. It has not been able to boot up since.
I have tried:
- Removing RAM add-in and putting in the original component
- Re-installing Windows from a USB partition. A fresh install either fails, gets stuck at “Getting Files Ready For Installation”, or doesn’t show any partition drives except for “Drive 0 Unallocated Space”, with a total size of 0.0 mb.
- Doing a system restore. It gives me an error: “To use system restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore.”
- Doing system image recovery. Gives me an error that says, “Windows cannot find a system image on this computer.”
- Tried startup repair. Gives me, “Could not repair your PC”. No log file
- Tried bootfix in command. Tells me access is denied.
Hard drive shows up in BIOS. Disk check shows no errors. RAM test, both with and without RAM upgrade, shows no errors.
I feel like I’ve literally tried everything. I know i’m probably beating a dead horse, but I’m broke and in the middle of school, so I’m desperately trying to fix it. Can anybody help?
02-07-2019 07:23 AM
Hi fantascination! Welcome to our forums community. Try BIOS reset. Once you are in the BIOS page, go to the Exit Tab > Choose Load default settings > Hit the Enter Key > Choose Yes. After that, still in the Exit Tab > Choose Exit saving changes and your computer will attempt to restart. If the issue persist, try creating a recovery media. You will be needing an blank external drive atleast 8GB or blank DVD. Follow the steps on this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Update us with the result. John_Lenovo