Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waqas7374
Not applicable
Views: 2,617
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 110 15isk WiFi frequently disconnects

From past 3,4 months, i haven't face any such problem but in past two days, my laptop's WiFi started disconnecting frequently. After 1 or 2 minutes, WiFi gets disconnected and it won't connect for a while to my home network and sometimes it even don't detect the network or even turn off the WiFi. I'm done with updating drivers (drivers are latest i.e Qualcomm Atheros QA9377), also refreshed windows, gave a try to Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  All my other devices are working fine so there isn't any issue with router. Moreover, i also tried connecting to other routers and have faced same problem. I also tried to change WiFi adapter configurations i.e Turned off the option "Allow computer to turn off the device" in Power Management. My current OS is Windows 10. Could someone help me sorting out this issue that either it's a Software or Hardware issue and how it could be solved

Rhamizz
Not applicable
Views: 2,547
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 110 15isk WiFi frequently disconnects

Hi Waqas7374,

Welcome to the Lenovo community,

Please go through this thread which gives you the troubleshooting steps for the intermittent wireless connectivity issues .

Hope the above information helps and please let us know how you go about.

Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Regards,

Rameez

Tap that kudos button if I helped.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Waqas7374
Not applicable
Views: 2,543
Message 3 of 5

I have already followed those steps but no Luck that's why I had to post here.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,528
Message 4 of 5

So this card is just a 1x1 card which means its not the greatest card. Are you trying to use 5 Ghz or 2.4 ghz band? Because a 1x1 card isn't going to work well distance or obsticle wise with 5 Ghz. 2.4 Ghz is going to be your only option for distance unless your in line of site with router. Then 5 Ghz will be fine. Disconnects typically come from a poor signal that varries so much it disconnects. 

Rhamizz
Not applicable
Views: 2,514
Message 5 of 5

Hi Waqas7374,

Thank you for the reply,

Try this....

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu. 

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks". 

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect". 

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button. 

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Hope the above information helps and please let us know how you go about.

Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Regards,

Rameez

Tap that kudos button if I helped.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors