Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gatorglue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 978
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 110 WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

I have had an issue with my Ideapad's wifi for several weeks now. I made another post, but it wasn't specifically about this and this is my main issue. I tried basically everything I can think of to get it to work. I did the netsh commands, ipconfig commands reset the network, turned on and off every setting possible (basically) went into the service.msc and made sure everything was running. I finally got desperate and my wife turned on her hotspot ( she has the exact same computer and it is fine) and I connected to the same internet with no issues. When I am connected straight to the router, I can be connected anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours and then I'll get the "!" on the wifi icon and I'll run the troubleshooting and it will say "WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration" and it will say it's fixed. The fix it does is to reset my wifi adapter. I tried to chat with Lenovo but they just said it was my wifi adapter and they wanted me to send it it for 5 days to replace it. I work from home on my laptop and can not be without it so that isn't an option. (This was before I knew that it would work connected to my wife's hotspot). I also saw that someone said to change the name and password on your router and that it could help. I didn't think that made sense, but since I am able to connect to my wife's wifi with no issue, I did try that and it didn't help. I've also reset my router, and my ISP actually had an outage for a few hours the other day and it still didn't work after being reset by them. Does anybody have any ideas that might help? I'm desperate for a solution as it likes to go our during my work and that can't keep happening. 

gatorglue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 881
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 110 WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

This is still happening... Does anybody have any ideas? I also noticed that when I turn on the hotspot on my computer (when connected directly to the router or to my wife's wifi) it turns on but nothing can connect to it. Not sure if that's related, but it seems like it could be. 

Boobie
What's DOS?
Views: 854
Message 3 of 4

I looked around and found this which seemed to resolve the issue for me

In Windows normal mode, try the followings:

1. Start Command prompt as administrator
    • In Windows 7, click Start -> All programs -> Accessories. Right-click Command prompt and then click Run as administrator
    • From Windows 8 onwards, press Windows key + X and select “command prompt (admin)”
  2. Type the netsh winsock reset and hit Enter
  3. Type netsh int ip reset and hit Enter. Then reboot the PC
  4. If the problem persists after the reboot, backup your files and refresh Windows
gatorglue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 850
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this several times and it didn't help. I did also refresh Windows and it still happens.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors