Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nile01
Paper Tape
Views: 2,005
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 110S-11IBR - Create system recovery on USB stick

How can I create a USB stick for system recovery for a 110S-11IBR laptop running Windows 10? When I start the system with the Novakey it offers a menu to restore from a system image, but no option to create an image. When I use the Novakey from within Windows 10 nothing happens. The "Onekey Recovery" software that is mentioned at many places apparently is not installed. Neither the icon nor any program with this name can be found anywhere on my system. I bought the system only recently (12/17/2016) and have not done anything with it yet that could have deleted that SW. Do I have to download and install it?

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,980
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 110S-11IBR - Create system recovery on USB stick

Please state where you bought the machine, ie, bestbuy, walmart, amazon, etc.

If you could provide a model number, that would help. Example: 8009avxxxx.

You will find some box stores do not ship OKR preinstalled.  A $ issue with Lenovo contract and special models built for box stores. 

A weblink to the seller showing your machine would help.

==

In the mean time, backup your system using win7 image backup to external  USB/HDD.

==

Also state if you have a D partition of some big size.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,954
Message 3 of 5

Type "recovery drive" in the search box of the Windows 10 tool bar.  If "create a recovery drive" shows up @ the top of the search, use that.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

nile01
Paper Tape
Views: 1,939
Message 4 of 5

I bought it at Best Buy in a store, but their online catalog seems to show the same. Search "lenovo ideapad 110s" at http://www.bestbuy.com/ . I'm not giving the direct link because those sometimes change.
==
The sticker on my packing box shows model name: 80WG and a barcode: MTM:80WG0001US
==
The disk manager reports for the internal 32Gb storage: "C:" (27.87GB NTSF, 44% free), "Recovery" (1Gb, hidden, reported healthy, 100% free), "EFI" (260Mb, hidden, reported healthy, 100% free). I have a 64Gb SDHC card inserted, which shows up as drive "D:" (59.46Gb, NTSF, 96% free) and works fine.
==
Thanks for your help

nile01
Paper Tape
Views: 1,937
Message 5 of 5

In response to : I tried that first because I used it on other computers, but for 20 mins it says "please wait". This is not the fastest of computers, but I don't think it is that slow. That's why I tried the Lenovo system and found out that it does not work either.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors