Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
porphyry5
Paper Tape
Views: 308
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 110S battery performance

I have an Ideapad 110S less than one year old. My issue is whether or not I should replace the battery. Symptoms are:

From steady red light charge state (5-20%) charges to about 75% within 2 hours.

Charging the last 25% takes at least another 2 hours, with charger unit very hot (uncomfortable but not impossible to hold), and stuck at 98% for the last hour.

Sometimes the battery will not charge to 100%, but enters a charge state called 'Indeterminate' by the linux app 'acpi', other times it will go to 100%

Is it generally considered worthwhile to replace a battery for this model, or to simply replace the entire computer when battery or charger unit completely fails?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 278
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 110S battery performance

Hi porphyry5,

Welcome to the community forums.

Are you using a Lenovo Supplied charger? Does the issue occur using a different charger? We suggest updating the BIOS of your laptop and see how it goes. You may download the BIOS update here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

porphyry5
Paper Tape
Views: 272
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your help. I'm using all original equipment, but I only have access to the one charger. All the BIOS updates seem to be tied to one or another version of Windows. I only have Arch Linux on this machine, and Windows apps won't run on it. Does the BIOS manufacturer supply a direct (flash) update, i.e. independent of the system OS?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 260
Message 4 of 5

Hi porphyry5,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you confirm if the Windows applications have it worked on the Arch Linux? What we have in our support site are Windows based for our drivers and BIOS updates.

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

porphyry5
Paper Tape
Views: 252
Message 5 of 5

No, windows apps do not run on linux. I find that charging completes much faster if I do not run the system while charging, which suggests that the charger is inadequate, rather than the battery.
Think I'll wait on this to see which fails first, then decide what action to take. Thank you for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors