Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aoepiri
Paper Tape
Views: 394
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 120S-14IAP randomly crashes/restarts

Hey,

I bought my 14IAP in September last year, and haven't had any significant issues with it until now. However, since two days ago it has started crashing repeatedly while doing just about anything except just leaving it on. 

It does not appear to be a BSOD as there is no crash file in windows\memory.dmp. Event viewer registers the crash as "Kernel-power" related (see picture included).

Any ideas on how to fix this? Unfortunately I'm currently not living in the country where I bought it, and won't be back for another 6 months, so returning it to the vendor is not a practical option.

Revecus
What's DOS?
Views: 185
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 120S-14IAP randomly crashes/restarts

Hi, the crashes and freezings have to do with the limitation on temperature coded by intel in the cpu's to protect the device from overheating, this can´t be fixed by code or bios settings, unfortunately the only way to avoid this is to change your using habits, like; stop using the computer over thermic surfaces (can't netflix n chill in bed) or monitor your device temp and close demanding programs (even youtube)

I have and ideapad 120 with a pentium n4200 this tiny procesor can manage most browsing and a little netflix, but for some reason after 15 to 30 min of youtube it freezes, the pasive cooling and the hi demand of chrome for procesing power may be at fault.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors