Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicvector
Paper Tape
Views: 638
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 130-15AST SSD ?

Can anyone tell me if there are any SSD's that are compatible with this model ? I would like to put a 250g or 256g in this laptop. I am a trained PC tech and I have a copy of the 130 Hardware Maintenance Manual. I noticed on Amazon that you can order this laptop with 8g of ram and 2 different SSD's. Thanks in advance for any help and Merry Christmas to all !

ROBuck
What's DOS?
Views: 591
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 130-15AST SSD ?

I talked with a Lenovo tech rep yesterday about a SSD for our new Ideapad, "SATA 6.0 GB/S47  2.5 Drive" was his response from his tech manual. It appears that Best Buy has the compatible models. We are getting a 320 gb unit. We bought our Ideapad from Best Buy. They had the best price. We are changing out the HD in order to get longer operating time on the battery. You might call them Lenovo support for verification at 877-453-6686 opt 1 opt 2.

Vicvector
Paper Tape
Views: 583
Message 3 of 5

Thanks ROBuck, that helps but it sounds like he was just giving you the hdd spec. Either no one knows the ssd compatibility or they just don't want to say. Anyway,  in case you don't have it, I have a copy of the Lenovo ideapad 130 Hardware Maintenance Manual. It was VERY hard to find and I didn't save the url. I can try to get a copy to you if you want. Merry Christmas !

ROBuck
What's DOS?
Views: 560
Message 4 of 5

It is the interface, SATA connectivity, 6gb transfer rate. I found a site for the HMM and have printed a copy. Thanks for the offer. The SSD we're are looking at is WD - Blue PC SSD 250GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive for Laptops
Model: WDBNCE2500PNC-WRSN. We might up it to the 500gb.
mysterytoy
Paper Tape
Views: 156
Message 5 of 5

I just replaced the 500GB HD that came with the laptop using a WD Blue 500GB SSD on Amazon.  I used Acronis and created a disk image on a USB portable drive before the replacement and then imaged it back to the new SSD drive.  It worked without any problems and we are now using the laptop with the SSD drive.  It fit perfectly in the space that the HD was in.  I also found the hardware manual online at lenovo and their instructions were perfect.  You just have to remove the DVD, battery, then the HD.  Also you have to remove all the screws on the bottom of the case first.  It takes about 30 minutes total.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors