cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbt
What's DOS?
Views: 3,534
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 300-17ISK - Windows 7 x64 (ACPI Driver)

Hi All,

I've tried to downgrade my laptop to Windows 7 x64 but have found that there aren't specific Windows 7 drivers for this laptop on the Lenovo Website Smiley Sad However, everything works well as most of the drivers are Windows 7 & 10 compatible ... except 1 key one the ACPI driver that is Windows 10 only ... unfortunately this means I can't adjust any power options including the screen brightness ... so i was wondering has nayone else had any luck in installing Windows 7 on one of these or similar laptops ... or can someone point me to a compatible ACPI driver?

Thanks,

Luke

foolmeonce
Core Memory
Views: 2,776
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 300-17ISK - Windows 7 x64 (ACPI Driver)

I think the "Lenovo PM Device" might be available through windows update, but I'm not sure if it only works on Thinkpads.

I have not gone through installing Windows 7 x64 on my Ideapad 300 yet, but I plan to and have considered drivers from the G70 Z710 & Z70, I think there are similarities, but they are different chipsets so Windows Update is probably a better option for ACPI

If Windows Update doesn't list under "Optional" it can also be downloaded from the Microsoft Update Catalog

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=lenovo%20pm%20device%20acpi%20windows%207

This link probably will only work in Internet Explorer (it requires an ActiveX control).

An option is to use the "Windows Mobility Center" to control screen brightness >>Programs>>Accessories>>Windows Mobility Center

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors