Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thirsty87
Paper Tape
Views: 59
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 300 - WONT STAY ON

i have a lenovo ideapad 300 one night when i tured my laptop off it said it was doing updates then shut down so i left it the next day i turned my laptop on and i got a blue screen saying the start up repair didnt work i tryed restarting it and i got a blue screen saying c:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt i have looked this upand i have tryed what was said and the last thing i did was try a full factory setting but now my laptop keeps turning on and off it will give me the logo then go off with in seconds. i have even tryed the disk for windows but i wont stay on long enough for the disk to work i need the laptop to work as i need to do my corsework.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 18
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 300 - WONT STAY ON

Hey there, Thirsty87! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum!

First of all, we're very sorry for the late reply. Please try doing a power drain
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352?
CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and check if the laptop will boot up properly. If the issue persists, try the steps below: 

1. Access the BIOS page on the laptop, see the steps here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216?
CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 on how to access it. 

2. Once the BIOS setup page is up, check the status of the hard disk drive under the Information tab and verify if it is still detected or not. 

3. Still inside the BIOS setup page, press the Fn+F9 keys or the F9 to load default settings and choose yes. Then press the Fn+F10 keys or the F10 key to exit saving changes. The laptop will reboot automatically and check it again. Update us back with the result. 

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors