Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vere
Not applicable
Views: 1,985
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad 300 update message.

I have an ideapad 300-141SK or 151SK and lately keep getting the message  to update.  However when I start I get the message BIOS is only for Lenovo Paris300-14/15/17ISK, are you sure you want to update the BIOS on this machine.

How do I know what I've got - everywhere I've looked it doesn't show Paris anywhere.  If I update it may stuff up my machine.  I'm having problems anyway with freezing and slowness.

Do I update or is there someway I can stop the message coming through.

JJQ
Not applicable
Views: 1,867
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad 300 update message.

@vere wrote:

I have an ideapad 300-141SK or 151SK and lately keep getting the message  to update.  However when I start I get the message BIOS is only for Lenovo Paris300-14/15/17ISK, are you sure you want to update the BIOS on this machine.

How do I know what I've got - everywhere I've looked it doesn't show Paris anywhere.  If I update it may stuff up my machine.  I'm having problems anyway with freezing and slowness.

Do I update or is there someway I can stop the message coming through.

Hi vere,

Welcome to the Forum.

Probably you have installed the app Lenovo Companion that helps to optimize the performance of your unit,  ocasionally this app can be bit annoying with the updates recommended, you always can uninstall this app if you want.

Alternativaly, with the serial number of your PC, check in the Lenovo Support website if there is any BIOS update available for your unit. 

Regards. 

vere
Not applicable
Views: 1,449
Message 3 of 6

After all this time I'm replying. I didn't install the copanion, it was already there. I took the serial number and spent ages on the website trying to get a reply - to no avail. So I;m still stuck with a slow, 18 month computer, which freezes, slow internet connection and that annoying message. Would it help if I gave you the serial number
There is also the following number under the serial no.
BIOSD5CN28WW. I am a very busy woman and it seems everytime I have an issue I spend at least an hour searching through Lenovo or other webbsite trying to find a solution. Seriously fed up. I have kept my old ACER computer and love it to bits - simple and does not give me any trouble. Whatever made me think a new laptop wold be better.

Moderator note: serial number removed for member's protection.

kabiraj
Not applicable
Views: 280
Message 4 of 6

do not upsate the bios, this update has bugs.

mine switches num lock every few seconds, and the buzzer  goes off, its so irritatig and no solution found yet.

ericalim_lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 269
Message 5 of 6

Hi kabiraj,

Which BIOS update did you install? Have you tried running all drivers update via the Lenovo Vantage app? If not, please download the app here and run all driver updates and observe.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

kabiraj
Not applicable
Views: 129
Message 6 of 6

can you please provide me the link to an older version of bios, the first one would be the best. i have done everything i could but cant resolve the issue!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors