Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4bellies
Paper Tape
Views: 433
Message 1 of 8

Ideapad 310 15-isk fan issue after bios update

I have recently updated the bios on my ideapad 310 15isk as the lenovo driver site said it was "urgent"

Ever since , the fan has been ramping up and running high even when the laptop is idle. Does anyone have the same problem or a copy of the exe for the older bios?

I have cleaned the fan completely before anyone suggests that. There was minimal dust build up

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 400
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ideapad 310 15-isk fan issue after bios update

Hello there, 4bellies! 

Welcome to the Lenovo community group! 

Just to confirm, is this 0XCN45WW the current BIOS firmware version that you have installed on the laptop? If not, try downloading the BIOS firmware here https://lnv.gy/2BAlHRd and update it, then check the fan again. Update us back with the outcome. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

lenovouser345
Paper Tape
Views: 378
Message 3 of 8

Yes, definitely!
I have the same laptop and I have the same problem too, after updated the last version of the BIOS (v. 0XCN45WW) the fan is running very loud and it's always on all the time. CPU is at its 1-2% usage and the noise is incredibile. That is very annoying. The fan is not dirty.

What can I do?

4bellies
Paper Tape
Views: 369
Message 4 of 8

Yes.

I'm on the latest bios. 

Never had an issue with the fan before even when processing hd video. Now it's always running in the background. Very annoying. Laptop is out of warranty now too and this "urgent" update has caused problems. 

Told by online chat to do a factory reset. That didn't help and cost me half a day backing up and restoring my laptop

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 366
Message 5 of 8

Change the power settings to high performance and observe. If same issue, roll back the BIOS version to 0xcn44ww. Download it here, https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/0xcn44ww.exe. Make sure to enable BIOS back flash in BIOS first. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

lenovouser345
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 6 of 8

Is it safe to downgrade the BIOS after having installed all updates from the other drivers, CPU firmware etc.? I also noticed that a burning smell comes from the fan (they always run, sometimes louder, sometimes less but still running all the time), especially when turning on the pc. The computer is not heat at all.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 314
Message 7 of 8

Hi @lenovouser345 !

If there's a burning smell coming from the laptop, there might be some hardware component that's heating up inside, the reason why the Fan is running loud. As early as now, stop using the laptop to prevent any further damage, and contact our support here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist

Regards,

MML3
What's DOS?
Views: 85
Message 8 of 8

Is this the factory version of BIOS? I have been having problems with my GPU ever since upgrading to 0xcn45ww which has rendered me unable to complete any work on time. Can you please help me out as soon as possible?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors