09-22-2018 05:22 PM
A few days ago my laptop stopped working completely
I figured I would take to this forum in an attempt to seek advice from pros and fellow owners alike.
My laptop is nearly 2 years old, I bought it new. I use it a lot. Last year my dog chewed up the charger it came with and so I bought a new one, which was off brand. It worked fine for a years until the cord tore in an accident. I attempted to twist the wires back together without soldering, and only using eletrical tape. It worked for about a day until my laptop just randomly shut off. It wasn’t dead, since I was able to immoderately turn it back on. Upon startup it began updating. It got to 25 percent when it said it was restarting. It turned off but didn’t turn back on. So I turned it back on manually. It continued updating for about 2 minutes before it shut off. That was it’s last sign of life. No lights or anything since then.
i bought a new charger (brand new from Lenovo for this laptop) but it still won’t turn on. I followed advice from the internet and took out the battery for a minute because I read it could build up static. It still won’t turn on.
To eliminate the possibility the charger was faulty, I used a voltage detector to test the charger, and found it is working.
When end I used the voltage detector on my laptop unplugged it showed no signs of electricity, however when I plugged it in if the voltage detector was within 3 inches of anywhere on the laptop it went off.
my warranty expired plus I have taken it slightly apart anyway, so it is not under warranty.
Before taking it in and spending more money or buying a new laptop I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions as of what the problem is and what I can do.
any advice is welcome, thank you.
09-22-2018 08:54 PM