Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyfrompetone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,421
Message 1 of 9

Ideapad 310-15IKB model 80TV Bios update - 10[64] V.3JCB24WW

Can anyone please tell me if the above bios update is compatible with the 'non-touch' version of this laptop. The text suggests that it is included but when it goes to install it it pauses and tells me it is only for touch versions. I am now confused and understandably reluctant to go ahead.

Thanks

TF.

Bradlee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,377
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ideapad 310-15IKB model 80TV Bios update - 10[64] V.3JCB24WW

I installed it on my non touch version and ever since my laptop has been getting random freezing issues, I'm now trying to get the old BIOS back but it's been 3 days without any support from Lenovo. Leaving your BIOS as is won't harm your computer. If you have the time could you tell me what version your BIOS is? I forgot to write down the name before I updated mine.

tonyfrompetone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,371
Message 3 of 9

Hi Bradlee - thanks for your post. It always pays to err on the side of caution when it comes to installing updates - especially low level software such as bios. But you knew that.

the bios that came on the machine from new - about 4 weeks ago - was and still is V.3JCN21WW. I have asked the same question on Lenovo's Facebook Messenger so will pass on their answer if I get one.

good luck.

PS can you do a system restore./rollback? It would depend on whether bios is included in a rollback of course, and when your system's last restore point was. I have been of MS XP for the last 10 years so I'm not yet familiar with Windows 10, which is part of the reason I bought the new PC. Force myself to learn new things.

Bradlee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,367
Message 4 of 9

I'm also new to Windows 10 and so far it's been great, very intuitive. Unfortunately I can't roll back as the rollback function says it's been longer than 10 days since my last update, also when updating the bios it "removed" the old version so it's no longer on the drive as far as I know. It's was completely replaced by 3JCN24WW, and now 3JCN26WW which came out a few days later. Unfortunately for these 310 models they don't provide past BIOS versions on the support site, only the most recent one for whatever reason.

tonyfrompetone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,363
Message 5 of 9

Hopefully subsequent updates will correct any problems that you may be experiencing.
tonyfrompetone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,331
Message 6 of 9

Here is the reply that I received from Lenovo. It sounds like some people were having bios problems late last year as a rogue bios release got published (51 or 55 or something) although all that got sorted I think. Anyway, Reggie at Lenovo said the one below is the correct one. I have not seen that one when I checked for updates using the Lenovo assist feature on the home screen. A check through windows might reveal it (if there is one). I will continue with GREAT caution.

Hi! The compatible BIOS version for the model of your laptop 80TV is on this link http://lnv.gy/2mTSIye. The BIOS version is 3JCN26WW and it was released on 3/14/2017. Also, please make sure that you back up all of your important files before updating the BIOS. Lets us know if you have any other inquiries. Reggie_Lenovo

tonyfrompetone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,329
Message 7 of 9

I have just downloaded the read me file associated with this bios update and it still says (with touch) after the compatible models. I will re-check with Lenovo via messenger.
Bradlee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,314
Message 8 of 9

A Lenovo employee on the Lenovo reddit page supplied me with the stock BIOS version. So I'm going to leave the link here in case any other users update their BIOS and need to revert back

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/3jcn21ww.exe

tonyfrompetone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,269
Message 9 of 9

Well I bit the bullet and installed V.3JCN26WW and so far so good. I even fancy me PC is now faster! Wishful thinking perhaps but my mail loaded faster so who knows. I was still a bit nervous about the fact that it kept saying (with Touch) but concluded that that just meant "with Touch as well" Lenovo said it was the correct bios update for my machine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors