Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jagabee
Paper Tape
Views: 1,628
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad 310-15ISK Windows 10 64-bit Brightness Control not working

I use this notebook for about 1 year and recently the brightness control was not working after my sister installed acrobat reader. The brightness is automatically set to 100%. F11, F12 has no response. The brightness control page also not working. In addition, the F7 key is not working as well, and the airplane mode is now turn on and I cannot access Internet.

I google for a solution and tried to download and reinstall drivers for power management and display card but still failed. Anyone can help? Thanks a lot.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,582
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad 310-15ISK Windows 10 64-bit Brightness Control not working

Did you try and hold down the Fn key while trying to use brightness and/or F7 key? Sometimes these keys get defaulted the opposite way. Their is no drivers needed to operate the feature keys, this is done through bios operation and detected by OS. You can try and go into device manager and delete keyboard driver and restart PC to see if that helps. 

Jagabee
Paper Tape
Views: 1,574
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply but this problem is not only related to the function key. The brightness and airplane mode cannot be changed in PC setting as well. I have tried to reinstall different power manager, display card driver, lenovo utility but the problem persisted. The problem actually last for a month already and there were many reboots I have done. 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,570
Message 4 of 6

I have to go back to your first post where you said your Sister installed Acrobat Reader. Are you sure this was a athentic install? Have you tried uninstalling it to see if anything changes. Since these problems began after the install of Acrobat Reader. Its possible you got some type of malware, even possibly a rootkit or even a key logger. Have you done any secrutiy scans, system file check, and performed hardware diagnosing. I take it you cannot go into Windows settings and turn off airplane mode? Reboots won't do anything if the problem exist in hardware or software and has not been fixed. Its possible you may end up doing a reset of the OS which you can try without erasing personal files. Although some third party programs may get uninstalled. I would try security scans, try Malwarebytes its free and very good. Then do a system file check. 

Jagabee
Paper Tape
Views: 1,562
Message 5 of 6

The acrobat was already uninstalled by my sister after she found the problem. I did a system file check,  but no error wws reported.

Yes, the airplane mode is always on. I went to the setting page but it cannot turn off. I discovered it later when I wanted to look for an answer for this problem on Internet.

Unfortunately I did not set a recovery point before and it seems that I may need to recover the c:\ from the beginning. 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,552
Message 6 of 6

Yes, I would agree that something is corrupted and that a clean recovery might be your only option. Although you should at least be able to backup any personal files and go from there. Best of luck 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors