Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arstaef
Paper Tape
Views: 3,023
Message 1 of 7

Ideapad 310-15abr LOUD fan

I love Lenovo. Let me get this out of the way to start. I have had a Toshiba (holy crap, a terrible laptop build quality), Dell (great CS but the laptop needed a new piece of hardware about every three months. Went through at least 5 MoBos over the course of four years), then finally a Lenovo. The Lenovo was a CHAMP. I brought it everywhere and tortured it within an inch of its life and it stood the test. It stood up to ART SCHOOL, if that is not an indication of quality, I don't know what is. Hence why I bought another. And another. And now this one.

I have been surprisingly gentle with this one which is why I am so aggravated by the CONSTANT grinding fan noise. This sucker is less than a year old and still in warranty. This may be fixed by a BiOS thing but considering the type of noise, I am thinking it is hardware. As the battery is sealed, I am hesitant to take this thing apart to check out the fan by hand.

So, my question is: Is it possible to get a laptop bought in the USA serviced in Japan? If not, what is the part SKU for the fan so I can just install it myself? Also, a point in the direction of the BiOS/driver/whatever update that is supposed to fix this would be appreciated for the first step.

And before you tell me, I know servicing my own laptop will void the warranty. I don't care. I am very good with computers and have been tearing apart and fixing laptops since I got my first one at 13. I would not date doing a full teardown but getting to a fan should not be too terribly challenging, if I must.

P.S.: Your spellchecker says I am spelling Lenovo wrong...

Community Moderator Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,969
Message 2 of 7

Re: Ideapad 310-15abr LOUD fan

According to the Service Manual the part number is 5F10L35775

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,964
Message 3 of 7

@Arstaef wrote:

So, my question is: Is it possible to get a laptop bought in the USA serviced in Japan?

International warranty support varies by model and country, and I don't know about your specific situation.

You should be able to determine status by going to SUPPORT (above) and entering your serial number in the search box.  (Don't post it here!)  Then use the Warranty & Repair drop-down and International Warranty Services.  I think that if Japan is displayed in the contact list, you may be able to get warranty service.

I will say that my son was able to get excellent warranty service in Japan for a different IdeaPad model.

good luck,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Arstaef
Paper Tape
Views: 2,928
Message 4 of 7

Thank you both, those are very helpful replies. I just have to do a little searching first to make sure my BiOS and drivers are UTD to see if that helps first.

Lord_N
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,924
Message 5 of 7

Maybe this is your problem, Sir.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/ll01_en/thread-id/48201/page/6

Let us know what you think by Adding your Post in our page. Thanks!
Arstaef
Paper Tape
Views: 2,923
Message 6 of 7

Nope, that is a HDD sound, mine is a fan. It is a much crunchier sound XD
Vasilis_R
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,329
Message 7 of 7

Hi! I have the same issue! Fan starts at full power without a reason (for example while browsing or watching a film) for 10 sec then stops for a while then restarts..I solve by switching to 5% the max proccessor state from the win 10 power options management. I know that doing so I cant get the full power of my AMD A10 quad core but at least the fan noise is almost gone. It s a huge issue and a bios update is absolutely nessesary for this laptop. Ι hope I ve been helpful. I you have a better solution please I would love to hear it. Lenovo as you said its great but there are those certain moments Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors