Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paolonicus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,874
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad 310-15ikb, plugged in not charging

I often encounter this, but here is the real headache. I have googled a fix for this, but unfortunately it will only work if the battery is removable, which case not for the Ideapad 310-15ikb. Always have to revert back using Acronis. Any other possible solutions for this?

Bouloulou
Paper Tape
Views: 2,849
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad 310-15ikb, plugged in not charging

Hi, I had the same problem. You can easily resolve this by installing "lenovo settings" utility and going to the battery section. There you can activate/deactivate the "conservation mode" which limitates the charge at 55-60%

Paolonicus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,832
Message 3 of 5

Yes I know that. And turning it off or vice-versa doesn't help.

nanarebel55
What's DOS?
Views: 2,591
Message 4 of 5

I just picked up a new Lenovo ideapad 320 yesterday morning (2/6/18).  It charged fine last night, but tonight it started the same thing -- a ##% plugged in but not charging, so the problem still exists in current laptops.

I did a bunch of digging on the Lenovo site as well as a number of general searches on the web to try to track down the problem.  Like a bunch of others, I did NOT have the Energy Manager Program on my new laptop.  (One suggestion was to go to the System Tray to set the "conservation mode" off in the Energy Manager Program.  As the program didn't exist on my system, I didn't have any way to get to the Energy Manager program to try adjusting the "conservation mode" that I found listed in a number of places on the web - including on YouTube.)

I can't find the thread on the help forum now (as I did so many of them), but I found one that had a link to refer me to a page on the Lenovo site that has an Energy Manager and Flight Mode Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit). 

The direct link is:   https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds103640

You can copy and past the link into your browser to get to the web page.  It has a list of all the series that the driver works with.  It worked differently than a program as it is just an install of drivers - so nothing shows in the System tray -- no setting a "conservation mode" to something else.

I got the driver installed and did a reboot -- which still didn't fix the problem, so I went to a complete system shut-down.  Let it sit for a while, and then rebooted the system from a cold start.

I don't know if it will work for everyone, but my 320 is now automatically charging when it is plugged in.  (I just hope it doesn't got "wacky" again. )

Hope this will help someone else who is pulling their hair out!

Hope this will help

Paolonicus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,533
Message 5 of 5

Might give this a try. Thanks a bunch!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors