Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4bellies
Paper Tape
Views: 3,113
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 310 - Install SSD

I have an Ideapad 310 recently purchased. 

I want to install an SSD for booting windows and then use a caddy with my old hdd for data storage

Is there an easy way to migrate windows to the SSD using recovery made with Onekey or will I have to clone the HDD?

I'm looking at hopefully transferring the recovery partition to the new HDD too in case I need to reset in the future.

The SSD is smaller in size than the original 1TB HDD

Thanks

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

Guru
Views: 3,077
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 310 - Install SSD

You'll need to clone the HDD, since OneKey is on the old hard drive. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

4bellies
Paper Tape
Views: 3,073
Message 3 of 4

Thanks

Woudl I not be able to use onekey on a USB stick, then restore to the new SSD?

Guru
Views: 3,071
Message 4 of 4

Yep, forgot to mention that OneKey has a media creation tool as well. But you'll need to swap it back to the hard drive, open OneKey, and follow the prompts to create recovery media from OneKey. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors