Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenevotoday
Paper Tape
Views: 2,958
Message 1 of 6

Ideapad 310 "No Audio Output Device is Installed" msg

Got a new Ideapad 310 last week.  For no reason at all it will lose all sound and there will  be a red "x" next to the sound icon in the task bar.  It happens everyday and everyday I have to use windows to repair the driver and then reboot which always takes time and then it still comes back later on in the day.  Is there a permanent fix for this?  Got this laptop from Costco but am thinking of returning it as I have searched the web and it does seem to be a constant problem with no real suggestions how to make it go away.  Really need help on this one.  

No speakers or mic, nothing plugged into this computer ever, it is just running off it's own speakers.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 2,835
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ideapad 310 "No Audio Output Device is Installed" msg

Hi  lenevotoday,

Can you check what kind of sound card and video card you have on the system. If you have an Intel HD video and a Realtek Sound card, I would suggests that you follow the steps on this thread for the issue. This may be related to a windows update. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
lenevotoday
Paper Tape
Views: 2,816
Message 3 of 6

Hi jamdy17,

Under sounds it says Conexand SmartAudio HD?

Cheers

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 2,813
Message 4 of 6

Hi, 

Can you check if you have any other device for audio, like an intel hd audio? Please try to re-install the conextant audio driver from support.lenovo.com. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
lenevotoday
Paper Tape
Views: 2,806
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

In control panel I also have Dolby Audio and Smart Audio but nothing else that I can see?

Cheers

lenevotoday
Paper Tape
Views: 2,795
Message 6 of 6

In Device Manager, I have Intel Display Audio and Conexant SmartAudio HD under sound.  Not sure why, but the system seems to have corrected itself.  Confusing but I'll take it!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors