Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DavidB2018
Paper Tape
Views: 720
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 320 15-ABR performance

Very recently I've had issues where processes are consuming a lot of CPU usage and very little RAM. On average my CPU will be consumed between 40-98 %. The RAM however is barely being touched, maybe 50% at max!

The problem happens if I use Firefox, Chrome, Edge or playing any video. I have tried things like Reinstalling the OS, reinstalling drivers and updating drivers and checking for Windows updates -- everything is up to date.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is doing anything with the BIOS. The problem happened just after Lenovo Vantage recommended a BIOS update due to a security issue.

I've looked online to see if I could possibly downgrade and none are provided. I've been Googling and no one else seems to really have this issue. Any help would be appreciative.

Just fyim about the only thing I haven't tried is downgrading the BIOS. I have tried Reinstalling the BIOS but no change.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 695
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 320 15-ABR performance

@DavidB2018 wrote:

The problem happened just after Lenovo Vantage recommended a BIOS update due to a security issue.

Read this thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/Ideapad-320-15abr-5QCN22WW-Bios-Update/t...

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors