Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rinkesh_P
Not applicable
Views: 403
Message 1 of 3

Ideapad 320-151KB BIOS problem

I have the Lenovo Ideapad 320-151KB model no:80XL03FUIN. I have installed Win 10 pro 64-bit on it and is working fine. But after the latest BIOS update, when I switched my BIOS mode from Legacy to UEFI, it couldn't detect any bootable media on the system. Not the hard drive, or the dvd drive or usb. Will reverting back to an earlier version of BIOS resolve the issue?

CyberSimian
Not applicable
Views: 383
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad 320-151KB BIOS problem

@Rinkesh_P wrote:

But after the latest BIOS update, when I switched my BIOS mode from Legacy to UEFI, it couldn't detect any bootable media on the system.

If you originally installed Windows 10 in legacy mode, you will not be able to boot Windows in UEFI mode.  You need to change the BIOS back to legacy mode.

If you now want to use UEFI mode, either re-install Windows in UEFI mode, or try using the procedure described here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Rinkesh_P
Not applicable
Views: 375
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad 320-151KB BIOS problem

But in the boot order atleast the available devices should be listed. I tried to dual boot Ubuntu from usb in UEFI mode but in the boot order none of the devices were listed. Switched back to Legacy mode and all the bootable media was showing up.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors