Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unironictrash
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,575
Message 1 of 1

Ideapad 320 15ABR Not turning on properly

Hello! My ideapad I bought back in july isnt really turning on. I can hold the power button or Novo button and the back light turns on, but it gets stuck at a blank, black screen with a single underscore of white  (Im thinking its stuck at the wall of text that usually starts before the logo). It worked fine yesterday. I was trying to start up a game and it wouldn't load, so I just closed out and restarted my computer. When it came back up it was just this black screen with the single white underscore. Ive tried to factory reset it every way I know how. I have accepted that Ill likely lose what I have saved and just want my laptop to turn on again. Again, it doesnt get to the logo. 

Edit: after 2 hours of it being on it finally brought up the bios/regular start up menu, but it wont reboot. It just takes me to a menu that has limoted options. When I tried system restart, it went black for a few minutes and went to another menu screen. I selected windows reboot and it went black again only to go back to the second menu.

Edit 2: my friend took a look at it and the hard drive totally failed and now I need a new one and I have no clue if its worth keeping. Its unfortunate it can fail after less than 6 months.  I tried Lenovo since HP gave me similar headaches 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors