Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PDPotts
Paper Tape
Views: 980
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 320-15ABR Type-C port question

The on page 7 of the user's guide that came with my new laptop it says that my Ideapad 320-15ABR, "supports USB 3.1 (Gen1, Output 5V ds, 0.9A DC)".  I purchased a SanDisk Ultra Type-C 3.1 flash drive.  However, when I tested the drive it did not perform any better than a Type-A 3.0.  The attached photo shows the results of benchmark tests on both drives.USB Benchmark.jpgATTO Disk Benchmark results

I also did some crude tests by moving large files to both drives and clocking the time it took to transfer the file.  Transfer time to and from both drives was about equal.

I called Lenovo Technial Support and spoke with John.  I gave him this information and, after a minute or so, he told me that my laptop did not have USB 3.1 and that the documentation was wrong.

I find this hard to believe.  So my question is does the Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR support USB 3.1?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

meavel
What's DOS?
Views: 113
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 320-15ABR Type-C port question

Hi Friend, 

I am a happy customer of Lenovo Ideapad 320 too.

After I researched the answers from ZhiHU (Mandarin version), actually the market messed up usb 3.0 with usb 3.1. Not only Lenovo show that they have usb3.1 but actually this is usb 3.0 . The other brand tell you the information, too.

The problem which you concern about type-c, this is just a shape of usb port. And about the transfer speed, gen2 is faster than gen1. if you see the label of gen1, there is nothing different between usb 3.0 and usb3.1 gen1. And for a laptop hardware, probably it is slower than the other hardware.

Top Kudoed Authors