Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megamansx
Paper Tape
Views: 25,340
Message 1 of 17

Ideapad 320-15AST, touchpad/trackpad unfunctional

Hello, I posted as a part of another thread before but decided to make my own thread for this. I have lost my lenovo partition and reinstalled windows 10 on a fresh install.  This has resulted in my trackpad being rendered unfunctional. I have tried all sorts of drivers to try and get it working but alas nothing has worked. I contacted the live support and they just told me to install the Lenovo companion and give that a go with the drivers from that, but it did nothing to help and ended up downloading the same drivers I tried before. 

I have the same issues in Ubuntu also and there is no activity when it comes to the pad, the buttons dont work nor does the motion.  I have looked around on the internet and found next to no solutions for the problem I have. 

On my device manager I have however one single unknown device, which I have tried to install drivers onto and that doesnt work also, so I have no idea what that could be. 

I would like any advice at this point becuase its driving me mad and I am unable to return the laptop due to being currently in another country. 

Thanks in advance.

Drew93
What's DOS?
Views: 25,181
Message 2 of 17

Re: Ideapad 320-15AST, touchpad/trackpad unfunctional

Try the F6 button, it worked for me!

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 25,161
Message 3 of 17

I have u300s and i have the same problem.

Cypress Trackpad is not working on Windows 10. 

We need a windows 10 driver for the Cypress Trackpad. Or a comprehensive explanation of how this problem will be solved.

Megamansx
Paper Tape
Views: 25,143
Message 4 of 17

Sadly no, there was no change when pressing f6 or fn+f6. It doesnt even show a device in pointers or mice in device manager.

Megamansx
Paper Tape
Views: 25,091
Message 5 of 17

Problem still present, anyone have any ideas on how to fix? Perhaps its a bios setting or something, I dont know. I have really ran out of ideas now what to do with it. 

Megamansx
Paper Tape
Views: 25,483
Message 6 of 17

okay, I fixed the issue, I went into device manager and looked that I had one unidentified device, I looked at the hardware ID;  It was an AMD i2c controller that wasnt working correctly so after searching around for the Win10 x64 drivers I found them online and installed it, afterwards I saw lots of new devices popping up and automatically responding and viola, now it works.  So I hope this solution helps anyone else that gets the same problem in the future with this laptop. It is mind boggling why windows could not automatically detect the drivers for this but there you go.

mraamohamed
Paper Tape
Views: 23,925
Message 7 of 17

OK can you share a link to the files, I see that in device manager is an error but I do not understand how to fix it. Thanks
SNK3
What's DOS?
Views: 23,691
Message 8 of 17

Yes, this worked for me thanks. I downloaded the drivers from AMD website (amd-catalyst-15.7.1-sb-sata-ahci-win10-win8.1-win7)

KELVINMTUI
What's DOS?
Views: 15,767
Message 9 of 17

I installed windows 10 and touch pad doesn't itry all means but it wont. I even makes me to hate my PC and the lenovo company plz if you have the solution help me also there is no mice and touch pad on divice manager

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 15,673
Message 10 of 17

I hate tooo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors