Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudburyreitzel
What's DOS?
Views: 100
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad 320 - No audio from TV when connected to a laptop DisplayPort

When streaming video from Amazon Prime through the HDMI port to my 4k TV, the laptop freezes several times during the movie and requires rebooting.  It will work again for 15 to 20 minutes before freezing again.  When I disconnect the TV and just stream to the laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 320) this does not happen.   My drivers appear to be up to date and no hardware errors are shown.  I can stream shows from network television websites (TVO) without any diffulty.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Steve

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 76
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad 320 - No audio from TV when connected to a laptop DisplayPort

Hi Sudburyreitzel! Welcome to our forums community. Have you tried streaming 4k on the laptop itself? You may try running the update using the Lenovo Vantage app. Install all available updates then restart the computer.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

sudburyreitzel
What's DOS?
Views: 70
Message 3 of 4

Re: Ideapad 320 - freezes when streaming through HDMI port to TV

Thanks,

I'm not trying to stream 4k, just HD.  When i stream to the laptop, it works fine.  When I stream through an HDMI cable to my TV, the picture will freeze, and the sound starts to buzz - the the computer freezes and I have to reboot.  This will happen every 20 minutes or so.  I've tried reducing the video quality without success.  I've only experienced this with Amazon's Prime Video.   Netflix, YouTube and others I can use Chromecast and do not experience this problem.  Based on the above, I am thinking the weak link is the HDMI port or cable?  Any thoughts.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 69
Message 4 of 4

Re: Ideapad 320 - freezes when streaming through HDMI port to TV

Hey there, sudburyreitzel! 

Another help here. Please try using a different HDMI cable and check it again. Also, please try using a high quality HDMI cable and compare the result. In addition, kindly open the Lenovo Vantage app https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and check for a system update, then check it again. Update us back with the outcome. 

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors